Here we go again. Another disgustingly hard year as a pharmacy grad student. Blah.
I'm pretty much all moved into my new apartment. It's not too shabby for just me. And I finally have cable and internet! I felt like an idiot trying to order it over the phone because I've never done it before, but I must have done it correctly because everything works! Yay! Just having some background noise is wonderful because I lived in a deathly silent apartment by myself for almost a week. All better now! I'm currently at home because I forgot a few things that were too big/expensive for Mom to mail (like every single jacket I own and my official white coat I need for lab and work...), but other than that I have my apartment set up the way I like it. I should put up pictures later...
I had orientation yesterday morning at Spindler Hall on Western Michigan University's campus, which is the building where almost all of my classes will be held. We also have our Therapeutics class across the street at MSU/KCMS, which is a clinic-type place affiliated with Michigan State and Ferris. And it's also (conveniently) the location for my Community IPPE! I'm relieved because it'll help me get familiar with the building for when I have classes there, and it's right across from Spindler so I won't ever get lost trying to go to work! If you know me, you know that I'm a nervous driver and terrified of driving around newer, bigger places. So I was obviously not looking forward to the prospect of getting lost in Kzoo. Right now I'm sticking to the few places I know - my apartment, Meijer, Spindler Hall, MSU/KCMS, and Sarah & Kevin's apartment!
The professors and older students kinda freaked me out at orientation as far as the curriculum goes. I'm easily stressed out, so getting this flood of information was overwhelming and made me wanna hide under a rock. I'm not as mature as most people think. I hate change. Hate it. And I freak out inside about every single little new thing I have to experience. All of these changes in such a short period of time are scaring me, but I really need to learn to just suck it up and deal with change. I'm ashamed that I get this worked up about it when I'm supposed to be a grad student and a medical professional. I don't feel professional in the least. Maybe after this year is over. We'll see. I really envy some of my classmates' ability to go with the flow and take charge in situations that make me really nervous. Hopefully I can learn to become better at adjusting and adapting this year. Pray for me!
That's about all for now. Once classes start up I might write again just to vent or de-stress.
No comments:
Post a Comment