I've been hearing a few of my friends open up lately about how messed up their families are, which is so sad. And as ridiculous as this is, I almost feel guilty for having an amazing family when these people can't! I know, it's silly, it's just hard to see other people hurting when I have absolutely no clue what they've been through. I feel so spoiled sometimes even though I know I haven't been taking it for granted. I love my family and tell them so all the time, and I really appreciate everything my parents do to make my life easier, especially right now as far as finances go (tuition, car insurance, phone bills, housing, etc.). I hate it when people make me feel bad about being so lucky - I'm truly a privileged girl, but I've never taken it for granted. If I was being ungrateful about it and flaunting it in front of others, then there'd be a reason to smack me upside the head. But I've never thought that this is just how it's supposed to be, or like they owe me this great life. I'm aware of how good I have it and I thank God for giving me the life that I did nothing to deserve. When people open up I feel like I should offer up some encouraging words, but I don't know what to say. I have no problem just sitting and listening, but you just never know what people are expecting from you when they open up about something so important. So I kinda sit there in silence and let them ponder whatever thoughts are running through their head. Whatever, I try to be helpful if I can, but I'm never sure if it's really as easy as just sitting and listening. Well, I started a draft email to my parents telling them how much I love and appreciate them, so maybe I'll finish that up today. lol. Ok, time to go get ready for church. El fin.
♥ love my family ♥
No comments:
Post a Comment