Haha, no, not like that! Nobody died! lol. I just chose that title because lately God's been so awesome about giving me both peace and rest. It's ironic though, cuz pharm school is about to kill me! But anywho, I've been reading "The Rest of God" by Mark Buchanan (awesome book, btw, read it!) and it's about the two different meanings of the word 'rest' - physical rest that is a break from everyday craziness, and also about finding the rest of God that you're missing when you scurry around during the week. I took about a 3-hour break from studying today (which I wouldn't normally do 2 days before a Chemo test) and I just felt so refreshed. Even Ashley noticed I was unusually calm for a test week. Yep, humans are definitely not meant to run like Energizer bunnies. And also, it's been significantly easier lately to think about how God would want me to treat certain situations, and it's also been easier to incorporate Him into my daily life and watch for His influence throughout the day. This is something I often forget, but I always feel so much peace when I'm right with God (or at least on my way to being right with Him). When I turn things around and get my priorities in order it's so much easier to organize my life, accomplish what needs to be done, and maintain a non-depressed attitude through it all. So that's where my peace has been found lately. Bottom line - God is good! ♥♥ favorite quote: "Sabbath is not the break we're allotted at the tail end of completing all our tasks and chores, the fulfillment of all our obligations. It's the rest we take smack-dab in the middle of them, without apology, without guilt, and for no better reason than God told us we could."
Katie, thanks so much for sharing this! It's so encouraging, and a good reminder for me.
ReplyDeleteLove you!