Sunday, January 18, 2009

good to be back

Well, so far the semester is off to a good start! It's soooooo much fun to be back with my goofy school friends. They're ridiculous, and I missed it over break. I love being back into the routine of knowing exactly when I'll see people, and I'm definitely loving all the college groups starting back up again (Real Life, Supper Club, Life Force, etc) and the new group (Christian Pharmacists Fellowship) that just started out with a great first meeting on Thursday. Without these groups I would be lost and probably very, very depressed. The hugs and laughter are essential when I'm barely keeping my head above water in the pharmacy program. So yeah, if you're reading this and you're one of these people....thanks for making Big Rapids a lot less depressing! lol.

The school part is also off to a relatively good start. (Although I can't help feeling behind already...but that's just typical me. I need to learn to be happy with myself for the stuff that I do accomplish). Anywho, it's definitely a blessing that I was able to stick it out this summer because now I only have 12 credits and I'm 2 classes lighter than everyone else! Now I have no excuse not to find time to study, so I'll definitely be praying for diligence when it comes to pharmacy type things. I have a feeling Chemo isn't going to terrify me until after the first test. Right now the only real problem I have with it is that Kreuger goes too fast for me to write everything down, so re-listening to lectures is going to be critical with this class. And reading the textbook will be both essential and difficult as well. A huge test for my attention span, no doubt. Wish me luck! lol. And Med Chem and P'col are pretty much exactly the same as last semester - almost all of the same profs, and the 2 classes line up almost exactly with the subject material - so that's gonna be manageable I think. And lab is lab. Blah. Whatever.

So yep, this semester will throw me just about the exact same challenges as last semester with the addition of Chemo to terrify me. But I'm ready to face it head on because I know I have no choice but to keep on top of things so I don't fail the class. Just gotta get 'er done. Yep. And I'm looking forward to more crazy/awkward/strange/exciting/dramatic/memorable adventures with my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment