Thursday, January 22, 2009

time flies...

...when you're having...fun?

It's only the second week of school and I'm already super busy! Still trying to develop an efficient routine for the semester, but it's definitely feeling like I'm back in the groove as far as classes and BR social events go.

The pharmacy stuff still isn't too scary so far. I just got my Chemo book in the mail today (finally!), so I'm feeling less anxious now that I can delve into some hardcore reading. I hate feeling behind, especially this early in the game. And I'm caught up on recopying notes, which didn't happen last week. Sorry this stuff sounds so boring. It's just a big deal because I'm trying to focus on the things I do well school-wise, and not just being all stressed out and anxious because other people seem more studious than I do.

I've been trying to get more involved with pharmacy-related (yet not class/studying-related) activities. I'm doing 4 hours of volunteer work selling clothing for ASHP's fundraiser. And I'm heading up the volunteering for the Christian Pharmacists Fellowship that was just started this semester. I'm trying to be a little more proactive with my life. I tend to be one of those people who goes to meetings and then claims I belong to something. So yeah, working on it.

It's definitely great being back with my friends. Even though the drama has already started up again (not bad drama, per say, just normal drama. lol), it's still fun to be around people who can take my mind off studying and who make me feel worthy/wanted.

Going home tends to make me slightly more anxious than relaxed this year, but I'm still really excited to head back next weekend to hear my old pastor preaching. He left the church in 2003 (I think) cuz he got really sick. He's always been my favorite; nobody we've had since has had that same gentle, kind-hearted, grandfather-like spirit about them. So yeah, he's filling in on Feb. 1st and it'll be so awesome to hear him and see his sweet little wife again. Yay! Extra bonus: it's Mom's birthday that week so I get to celebrate with her while I'm home! Yep, should be a good weekend.....as long as I can temporarily forget that Kreuger's Med Chem exam is that Wednesday.....[shudder].....

p.s. I'm taking a poll! I need help naming the kitty that I don't have yet. lol. I'm gonna adopt a kitten from a shelter to live with me in my Kzoo apartment next year. I need some boy names and some girl names, so help me out if you can! Gracias :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment